Saturday, April 28, 2007

How to get the wrong people in your computer science program

A humoring thread came up on the Something Awful forums that I almost forgot about. The thread is about those schools you see that advertise on television ("Come to ITT Tech!!! Make some gamez!!!!!"); everyone who has seen those ads on TV probably deduces that they aren't very good at what they do (why else would they be advertising?). The University of Advancing Technology made a highly amusing blunder on their website:

Eating is a serious pastime at UAT. Lunchtime is never a quiet, reflective time for college students in general. But at UAT, it's a noisy, rollicking journey down the highway of fun. It's not uncommon to witness students engaged in vigorous Guitar Hero contests, or watching the latest anime on the big-screen. Or you can eavesdrop on impassioned conversations about the merits of C++ versus Linux.

Enough said, I think.

2 comments:

Luke said...

Every time I have an impassioned conversation about the merits of C++ vs. Linux, people laugh at me and I feel stupid. I wonder how people can keep there jobs... mainly because this is probably this person only job and they didn't even look up what they were writing about on wikipedia.

Bennett's posted something similar. This stuff cracks me up.

Anonymous said...

what? we do that all the time at mah skool :(