Tuesday, January 08, 2008

The beginning of the end

Assuming I don't royally screw up this semester, this is my last semester at Purdue, at least as an undergraduate. No idea what I'll be doing after graduation yet. Grad school applications have been sent in, and I guess I should resume job searching this semester. Unfortunately, I have no idea where I want to work, which is a big issue.

How did my winter break plans go?

  1. Sleep. As per usual, I lost sleep over break rather than gained it. Gotta take maximum advantage of recreational time.
  2. Study for the Western Civilization I CLEP exam. I half-heartedly did this. I took the exam today at 2 and passed with a bare minimum. Fortune smiles upon me, for I no longer have the threat of taking 18 credits looming over me.
  3. Read The Little Book of Semaphores. I read through a good portion of it. It turned out to be different from what I expected, being a very example/problem-driven book, but I still read through it like a normal book, rather than trying to figure out most things. Probably wasn't a good idea, but I think it helped.
  4. Look into more web programming. The Django book did come out, and I read/skimmed most of it. Most of it that had already been written was still the same, but the new sections were good to read about. I started a project in Django before I got lazy and started MUDding a lot again.

This semester, I'm only taking two classes--Numerical Methods and Parallel Computing. Numerical Methods will kill me, since I don't remember any calculus anymore, but Parallel Computing should be interesting. I'm not teaching a lab section this semester, so hopefully I'll have free time to do other things.

And there's my update, now leave me alone. You know who you are.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you forgot to mention "scaring little girls with a harry potter hat" and "bein' aggressive"